The Great Canadian Farm Tour
As a part of Canadian Agriculture Literacy Month, Agriculture in the Classroom Canada (AITC-C) is inviting classrooms across the country to join us for eleven free virtual farm tours throughout the month of March! Classrooms have the opportunity to explore a maple sugar farm in Quebec, a sugar beet farm in Alberta, an egg farm right here in BC, and so much more.
Join for one – or join for all! Registration is on now!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What time are the tours? All tours will begin at 9:30am in the co-hosts provincial time zone (with the exception of Quebec's tour being held on March 1st following the kickoff tour with Minister Bibeau).
- How long are the tours? Each tour will be approximately 30-45 minutes with time for Q+A!
- How do I watch the tours? The tours will be streamed live on YouTube.
- What if my class and I can’t join live? No worries! The tours will all be recorded and available for replay on the AITC-C YouTube account.
- How will we ask questions? You can use the comment section to ask the producer questions during the tour and AITC-C will answer as many as they can!
- Can my students tune in from home? Yes, absolutely! As long as you share the links to the tours, your students can tune in from wherever they are learning! AITC-C will be sending a reminder email to you the day before each tour!
We all look forward to celebrating Canadian Agriculture Literacy Month on The Great Canadian Farm Tour with you and your students!