Join our BCAITC Ag-Reading Challenges in support of Canadian Agricultural Literacy Month this March! Dig into some great books, have fun, and learn about agriculture - all while earning virtual badges and the chance to win $1,300 in prizes! There are two reading challenges to choose from. Sign up for one or both!
“20 for 20 Bookworms Ag-Reading Challenge”
Every bookworm needs their brain food! Feed your mind by tracking the agriculture themed books you read to earn new badges! Read 20 minutes for 20 days in the month of March and log your reading in our Beanstack web portal. Every badge you earn will provides you with a virtual raffle ticket and a chance to earn some fantastic prizes!
“Ten to Try Ag-Reading Challenge”
Explore the world of agriculture through books to earn new badges. Read books in each of 10 categories below, and share your favorite discoveries with your fellow readers by writing a review. Every badge you earn will provides you with a virtual raffle ticket and a chance to earn some fantastic prizes! 1. A book about composting. 2. A book about bugs. 3. A recent book about food or sustainable food practices. 4. A book with the word “food” in the title. 5. A book about taking care of animals. 6. A book about a career in farming/agriculture. 7. A book about any agricultural commodity in BC. 8. A book published by AITC 9. A book about gardening. 10. A book about an animal you would see on a farm.
- Go to BCAITC's Beanstack URL: https://aitc.beanstack.org.
- You can also download the Beanstack Tracker app from the app store (Apple or Google).
- Choose to sign up for one or both of our current reading challenges: “20 for 20 Bookworms Ag-Reading Challenge” - Read 20 minutes for 20 days in the month of March and log your reading in our web portal. “Ten to Try Ag-Reading Challenge” - Read books in each of 10 agriculture-themed categories, and share your favorite discoveries with your fellow readers through reviews.
- Register an Individual/Family or Register a Class/Group. 5. (Note: if you register as a Class/Group, your activities will be logged simultaneously for ALL group members and the entire group will earn badges at the same time).
To Complete the Reading Challenges
- Go to the Library’s Beanstack URL: https://aitc.beanstack.org or use your Beanstack Tracker app.
- Login with your unique username and password.
- Select the challenge you would like to view. Explore the Challenge Overview, and the badges you can earn in the Challenge Badges, Activity Badges and Review Badges sections.
- To log your activities or minutes of reading click on the button on the top left corner of your screen when you are ready to log reading or activities.
- To write a review, simply click on the “Add a Review” button located at the top left corner of the webpage. Reviews are seen by everyone participating in the challenge, but nothing more than your first name and last initial will be seen.
To Win Prizes
- As you log your activities or minutes or write reviews in the web portal, you will earn badges along the way. (1 badge = 1 ticket).
- As you accumulate these badges, you will receive virtual raffle tickets which will be automatically entered in our weekly and grand prize draws.
- To check the number of ticket entries you have, simply select the challenge you would like to view and explore the Review Badges tab.
- Winners will be posted here on this page and contacted via email to claim their prize.
- Prizes are as follows:
- Early Bird Prize Draws: Pre-register by February 28 for a chance to win 1 of 2 $50 Amazon gift cards throughout March
- 20 for 20 Bookworms: Two weekly draws of $50 Amazon gift cards throughout March
- Ten to Try: Two weekly draws of $50 Amazon gift cards throughout March
- 2 Grand Prize Draws: $200 Amazon gift cards will be drawn from all participants March 31, 2021
Need assistance? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.866.517.6225 for more information.
The 10th annual Canadian Agriculture Literacy Month (#CALM2021) takes place in March 2021. This coast-to-coast national program encourages K-12 students to learn about and celebrate Canada's incredible agriculture and food story all month long. By connecting classrooms and homeschools with engaging resources, programs, and initiatives, students learn first-hand about Canada's food and agriculture systems.
Like this Post!
Did you enjoy this feature? Share it with the social media icons located at the top of the post. Be sure to use hashtags #ReadAg, #CALM2021, and #bcaitc.